Arugula, Avocado, and Cucumber Salad with Smoked Salmon and Citrus Vinaigrette
This salad offers a delicious mix of textures and flavors, from fresh arugula, creamy avocado, and crisp cucumbers to the richness of the salmon with a tangy splash of citrus vinaigrette. Biltmore Smoked Salmon makes it easy to create a gourmet dish in mere minutes!
- Citrus Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange and lime zests
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salad Ingredients
- 8 oz. Biltmore Smoked Salmon
- Arugula - Spring Lettuce Mix or other lettuce of choice
- Bean Sprouts
- Grape tomatoes cut in halves
- Carrot shavings
- Salad Vinaigrette: In a small saucepan, reduce (over high heat) the fresh orange juice, lime juice, and citrus zest to 1/4 cup. The mixture should be thick and syrupy. Pour mixture in medium bowl, add mustard, honey, and rice wine vinegar. Whisk to blend. Stir vigorously and slowly drizzle olive oil into the bowl as you whisk. Set vinaigrette aside as you prepare the salad.
- Salad: In a large bowl combine lettuce, cucumber slices, avocado slices, bean sprouts, tomatoes, and carrots. Toss with vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper. Make sure all is well mixed. Place salad on plates. Arrange 2 oz. of salmon on each of 4 salads. Serve immediately.