BBQ Grilled Oysters
Smoky grilled oysters with a zesty bourbon chipotle butter. This appetizer pairs beautifully with Biltmore’s Limited Release Pinot Grigio. From the chef at Village Social.
Preparation Time: 2:10
Cooking Time: 0:05
This Recipe Pairs With:
- 1 pound unsalted butter - softened
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper - minced and seeds removed
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 ounces honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 dozen oysters (Blue Point or any Large Oyster)
- Place all the ingredients, except the oysters, in a mixer and mix until smooth. Roll the butter mixture into a cylinder using plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Wash oysters off in cold water and shuck on the half shell, making sure to watch for shell fragments.
- Preheat a grill to medium. Place a 1/8-inch disk of butter mixture on top of oyster and grill shell down until butter is melted and oysters are hot, about 3-5 minutes. You can also broil them in the oven for 5 minutes. Serve while hot.
Write Your Own Review