Biltmore Grown Beef Meatballs
Styled after the recipe that my grandmother and aunts made countless times, these are your classic meatballs. Serve with tomato sauce over your favorite pasta or with fresh bread and creamy burratta cheese.
Serves 1 person
Preparation Time: 0:00
Cooking Time: 0:00
This Recipe Pairs With:
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 each white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 Tablespoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ lbs. Biltmore Grown Ground Beef
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- In medium sauté pan, sauté onions and garlic in butter, season with kosher salt. Cook until soft but not browned, remove from heat.
- When cooked onion mixture is cool, add eggs, spices, parmesan and panko. Mix well and let sit 10 minutes.
- Add ground beef and mix until well combined.
- Scoop meatballs into ½ cup portions, roll in hands to make smooth balls. Place in baking dish and cook for approximately 20 minutes, until an internal temperature of 155 degrees is reached.
- Serve immediately with your favorite pasta and sauce or put on a toasted baguette with fresh mozzarella or fontina cheese.
Write Your Own Review