Blackberry Basil Cheesecake Topping
Enjoy this perky herbaceous topping for Biltmore Vanilla Bean Cheesecake, ice cream, or pound cake. Shop for Biltmore cheesecakes at your local grocery.
Preparation Time: 0:02
Cooking Time: 0:10
- 2 pints fresh blackberries
- 15 basil leaves - torn
- 1 tablespoons mild honey
- 1 tablespoons mild honey 1 fresh lemon - juiced
- 2 teaspoons elderflower liqueur such as St. Germain
- Combine 1 pint of the berries, basil, lemon juice and honey in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat until the berries start to burst and release their juices.
- Take a spoon and smash some of the berries against the side of the pot. Remove from the heat and discard the basil leaves.
- Stir in remaining fresh berries and the elderflower liqueur. May be served hot or cold. Garnish with fresh basil leaves if desired. Refrigerate up to 5 days.
Write Your Own Review