Biltmore Grown Beef Brisket with Texas Style BBQ Sauce
The Ultimate Cut for all of you pit masters out there! This cut is dry rubbed, smoked and finished in a low oven, perfect as a sandwich or on a plate with your favorite sides. Pairs nicely with a simple Texas style BBQ sauce!
Serves 1 person
Preparation Time: 0:00
Cooking Time: 0:00
- BBQ Rub
- ½ cup paprika
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup chili powder
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- ¼ cup black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 lbs. Biltmore Grown Beef Brisket
- Texas Style BBQ Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Blended Oil
- 1 each yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 pint light brown sugar, packed
- 1 pint apple cider vinegar
- 1 quart Heinz ketchup
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons Coleman’s mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Rub the Brisket with the BBQ Rub. Smoke for 2 hours at 275 degrees.
- Continue cooking brisket in oven approximate 6-7 hours, uncovered in a 300-degree oven, until fork tender.
- Remove from oven, let rest for 30 minutes in a warm place prior to slicing.
- Method for Texas Style BBQ Sauce: 1. Using medium sauce pot, lightly sauté onions and garlic in blended oil over medium heat. Cook until soft but not colored. 2. Add apple cider vinegar and brown sugar, cook until reduced slightly. 3. Add ketchup and spices. Let simmer gently for 15 minutes 4. Remove from heat and puree in vita mix until smooth. 5. Cool in ice bath, label, date and initial. Will keep seven days under refrigeration.
Write Your Own Review