Chenin Blanc Pineapple Slushies
Fresh fruit and wine pair beautifully together, and warmer weather is the perfect time to experiment with your favorites and share the delicious results!
Serves 1 person
Preparation Time: 0:00
Cooking Time: 0:00
This Recipe Pairs With:
- 8 ounces chilled Biltmore Estate® Limited Release Chenin Blanc
- 4 ounces chilled Plantation Pineapple Rum (used as a float)
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 3 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 ounces ginger syrup (recipe below)
- 4 dashes Bittermen’s Tiki Bitters (or your favorite brand)
- Ginger Syrup
- 1 cup of water
- 1½ cups organic sugar
- 1 medium ginger root, sliced
- Ginger Syrup: Place ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil, stirring constantly so sugar doesn’t burn. Remove from heat and allow to steep for 1 hour while it cools. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Makes 1½ cups of syrup.
- Method: Place all ingredients except rum in a blender. Blend until you have obtained a super slushy consistency. Pour into a glass, leaving room to float 1 ounce of Plantation Pineapple Rum on top, then garnish with extreme creativity! Serves 4.
- Wine: An estate exclusive, our handcrafted Biltmore Estate® Limited Release Chenin Blanc is a rarity among its kind. Enjoy the balanced and fruity introduction, with a lingering, sweet finish accented by floral aromas and citrus flavors. The rich notes make it a wine that can stand firmly on its own, but it does pair well with Asian cuisine, crème brûlée, fresh fruit, fruity desserts, and tiramisu. 2018, American Appellation; 12.5% ABV. 89 Points / Beverage Testing Institute.
Write Your Own Review