- 1 tablespoon bacon fat
- 1 small onion - diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 1/2 pound chicken livers - drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons cognac
- 1/2 teaspoon Grand Marnier
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the bacon fat, onions, and garlic. Sauté until soft and translucent, 3-5 minutes. Add the chicken livers and thyme, then sauté until cooked to medium-well, approximately 5-7 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and cool completely.
- Once the chicken liver mixture has cooled, drain and scoop into a food processor. Add the Dijon mustard, cognac, Grand Marnier, orange zest, and nutmeg. Puree until finely ground. Then slowly add the softened butter in small portions, pureeing in between. Don’t leave the food processor running, or you may melt the butter.
- Once smooth stir in the parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Scoop into ramekins or a serving dish and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Write Your Own Review