Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes
This delicious dessert is perfect for Father's Day or any other celebration.
Preparation Time: 0:20
Cooking Time: 0:20
- Cupcake liners
- 1 box classic chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 bag soft caramels
- 2 containers chocolate frosting
- 4 ounces whipped topping
- Topping for cupcakes: candy bars or caramel ice cream topping
- Cupcake Directions: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place 18 cupcake liners into cupcake pan. Pour the cake mix into a mixing bowl along with 1 1/3 cups buttermilk. Add 2 eggs and mix together (using the paddle attachment) on medium speed until batter is smooth and lump free, 2-3 minutes. Scoop the cake batter into the prepared muffin tins with liners. Fill only halfway full. Place a caramel in the center of each cupcake, right on top of the batter. Bake for 18-22 minutes, until toothpick inserted in cupcake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Icing Directions: Place both containers of icing into a mixing bowl. Whip until light and airy with the paddle attachment. Don’t over whip. Fold half a container of whipped topping (4 ounces) into the frosting. Finish by piping frosting on top of the cupcakes with a star tip. Garnish with crushed candy bar pieces, or drizzle with caramel ice cream topping.
Write Your Own Review