These warm and gooey breakfast treats are sure to have everyone rising and shining!
Preparation Time: 0:25
Cooking Time: 0:35
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 envelope (2 1/4 teaspoons) quick-rising dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups (or more) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter - softened
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Optional: Caramel topping and pecans for garnish
- Mix the warm water and 1/4 cup sugar in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle the yeast over the mixture and let stand until foamy. Stir in the oil and salt. Add the flour 1 cup at a time, mixing constantly with a dough hook to form a soft dough. Add additional flour if the dough is sticky.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in a lightly oiled bowl, turning to coat the surface. Let stand, covered with plastic wrap and a towel, in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Roll the dough gently to a 10 x 16-inch rectangle on a floured surface. Mix the butter, cinnamon, and 1 1/2 cups sugar in a bowl and beat until smooth. Spread 1 cup of the butter mixture over the dough with a spatula. Roll the dough to form a log, enclosing the butter mixture; pinch the ends and seam to seal. Spread the remaining butter mixture in a 10 x 15-inch baking pan. Cut the log crosswise into 12 portions. Arrange evenly with the cut sides down in the prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes or until puffed.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Bake the rolls for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Loosen the rolls from the edges of the pan with a sharp knife and place a large baking sheet over the pan. Invert the rolls onto the baking sheet. Serve warm.
- Optional: Drizzle with caramel topping and garnish with chopped pecans.
Write Your Own Review