- Gelee Ingredients
- 3/4 cup grapefruit juice - fresh squeezed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin powder (1 packet)
- Panna Cotta Ingredients
- 3 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 7 teaspoons unflavored gelatin powder (3 ½ packets)
- 14 ounces goat cheese - softened
- Gelee: In a small saucepan, combine the grapefruit juice, sugar, and gelatin powder. Whisk well and bring to a boil. Pour 1 ounce of the juice mixture into each of 6 4-ounce ramekins. Place the ramekins in the refrigerator to chill until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- Panna Cotta: Using the same technique as the Gelee, combine the heavy cream, sugar, and gelatin powder in a medium sauce pan. Whisk well and bring to a boil. Then immediately remove from heat. Add the softened goat cheese to the mixture and continue to whisk until completely smooth. Divide the goat cheese panna cotta mixture evenly among the ramekins. Pour it over the firmly set gelee and chill until set , at least 1 hour.
- To serve, run a knife between the panna cotta and the ramekin to release and invert onto a plate. If the panna cotta won’t come out, turn it up-side-down and run hot tap water over the bottom of the ramekin for 30-60 seconds. Then gently tap onto a plate.
Write Your Own Review