Cranberry Orange Scones
Enjoy your coffee or tea with these delicious scones. Serve on our classic Vanderbilt Tea Set and enjoy afternoon tea in style with friends.
Preparation Time: 0:30
Cooking Time: 0:00
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter - lightly softened
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup orange juice - approximate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine the flour, sugar, orange zest, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Mix well. Process or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the cranberries.
- Beat the egg in a 1-cup measure. Add enough orange juice to measure 1/2 cup. Add the vanilla. Stir the liquid into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- Place the dough on a floured surface. Knead 8 to 10 times. Shape into a 10-inch circle. Cut into wedges or into rounds with a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with additional sugar. Bake for 12 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 400°F, bake for 5 minutes longer or until golden brown.
Write Your Own Review