Cranberry-Walnut Cheesecake Topping
Bring home our Biltmore Vanilla Bean Cheesecake and make it holiday-worthy with this simple recipe for a Cranberry-Walnut topping.
Preparation Time: 0:15
Cooking Time: 0:00
- 4 cups cranberries- fresh or frozen
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup toasted walnuts- whole or broken
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place all ingredients except walnuts in a medium sauce pot. Cook fruit and spice mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally. While cranberries are cooking, place walnuts on a baking sheet and toast in oven for about 5–7 minutes, until they are very aromatic and crunchy. Your cranberry topping is finished when it’s reduced and syrupy. It should be a nice vibrant red. Let cool and stir in toasted walnuts. Can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for several days. Spoon a generous serving over each slice of cheesecake to be served.
- Tips To cut cheesecake easily, chill well. Run a sharp knife under hot water, wipe dry, and cut a slice. Repeat for more slices.
Write Your Own Review