Crisp Potato Pizza with Sweet Peppers, Goat Cheese, and Olive Tapenade
Take pizza to the next level with this recipe for an array of delicious salad-type toppings on a potato pizza “crust.” Enjoy the tastes and textures of fresh greens and peppers combined with creamy goat cheese and a zesty olive tapenade, all dressed with tasty herb vinaigrette. Perfect as a light lunch or appetizer, especially when paired with Biltmore Sauvignon Blanc.
- Pizza Ingredients
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive tapenade
- 1 large Idaho potato - about 12 oz.
- 1/3 cup julienned roasted red bell pepper
- 2 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup coarsely chopped arugula
- herb vinaigrette salad dressing
- Olive Tapenade Ingredients
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 anchovies
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Potato: Julienne the potato into 1 1/2 to 2-inch strips with mandolin set on thin julienne setting; press to remove excess water. Toss with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat a 7 1/2-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and add half the butter. Add the potato and press down to form a cake. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown, pressing frequently to retain the shape. Invert carefully onto a small plate. Melt the remaining butter in the skillet and return the potato cake to the skillet browned side up. Cook for 15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain. Place on a serving plate. Spread with the olive tapenade and sprinkle with 1/3 cup julienned red bell pepper. Toss the goat cheese, arugula, and 1/2 julienned roasted red bell pepper with the vinaigrette salad dressing. Season with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle over pizza. Cut into 4 pieces and serve immediately as an entrée or appetizer.
- Olive Tapenade: Combine the olives, garlic, pine nuts, bell pepper, parsley, and anchovies in a food processor. Add the olive oil and lemon juice. Process until the mixture is smooth but still retains some texture, scraping down the side of the bowl as necessary. Store, covered, in the refrigerator. Makes 1 1/2 cups.