Dried Cherry, Pecan, and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken
This recipe was our Biltmore Chefs' Pick for Best Entrée in our 2012 Savor Summer Recipe Contest.
Preparation Time: 1:00
Cooking Time: 0:00
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 oz. goat cheese
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dried cherries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans - divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 lightly beaten large egg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Flatten chicken between wax paper with flat side of meat tenderizer or rolling pin to an even thickness. Combine goat cheese, dried cherries, 1/4 cup chopped pecans and lemon zest. Place 1/4 of mixture at one end of each chicken breast and roll, tucking in ends; sprinkle with salt and pepper. On a plate, combine remaining 1/4 cup chopped pecans and panko bread crumbs. Dip each breast in egg and roll all sides in the bread crumb mixture. Place in freezer for about an hour. Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until golden on all sides (about 6-8 minutes). Place pan in preheated 375-degree oven until chicken is no longer pink, juices run clear, and temperature reaches 165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer (about 20 minutes).
Write Your Own Review