Espresso Chocolate Sauce Cheesecake Topping
Take our delicious Italian Mascarpone Torta Cheesecake to soaring heights with this delightfully decadent sauce topping.
Preparation Time: 0:15
Cooking Time: 0:00
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder or instant coffee granules
- In a medium sauce pot, heat butter and heavy cream over medium heat until butter is melted and cream is almost boiling.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients and continue to cook until the sugars are dissolved completely.
- Once the chocolate sauce is thoroughly heated, pour through a fine mesh strainer into a container. Allow to cool for 2 - 3 mintues before serving over torta. Topping can be stored in refrigerator for several days.
- Drizzle espresso chocolate sauce over the top of each slice of Biltmore Italian Mascarpone Torta before serving. If sauce has been refrigerated, heat the desired amount in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring each time.
Write Your Own Review