French Rose 75
A classic French 75 cocktail is shaken over ice with a mixture of gin, lemon juice, and a simple syrup, strained into a flute topped with sparkling wine, and garnished with a citrus twist. Our take on this elegant libation includes a combination of fresh citrus juice with a rose-infused simple syrup to complement a Rose Gin.
- 1½ ounces Rose Gin
- ¾ ounces fresh grapefruit juice
- ¼ ounce fresh lemon juice
- ¾ ounce Simple Syrup (recipe below)
- Sparkling wine
- Lemon twist
- Rose Simple Syrup
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1½ cups dried rose petals
- Simple Syrup: Mix sugar and water in a heavy pot and heat slowly to a simmer. Add rose petals and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes. Strain the petals out of the simple syrup. Let cool and store in an airtight container. Refrigerate until needed.
- Add gin, fresh juice, and syrup to a shaker with ice and shake until combined. Strain into a flute glass and top with sparkling wine. Squeeze lemon twist over glass and use as a finishing garnish, if desired. Serves 1.