Gin & Zin Tonic
Originally created as a more palatable way to sip medicinal quinine, our twist on this classic cocktail adds our lush Biltmore Estate® Zinfandel to the classic cocktail components, plus a touch of rose simple syrup to lighten the lush flavor of dark berries from the Zin and smooth the tonic. This is the ideal drink to stand up to a hearty charcuterie board or a full-scale barbecue featuring smoky grilled meat and vegetables.
- 2 ounces Rose Gin
- 2 ounces Biltmore Estate® Zinfandel
- ½ ounces Rose Simple Syrup (recipe below)
- 3 ounces tonic water
- Grapefruit twist
- Rose Simple Syrup
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1½ cups dried rose petals
- Pour all ingredients into a large rocks or wine glass. Add ice. Squeeze grapefruit twist over glass and use as a finishing garnish, if desired. Serves 1.
- Simple Syrup: Mix sugar and water in a heavy pot and heat slowly to a simmer. Add rose petals and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes. Strain the petals out of the simple syrup. Let cool and store in an airtight container. Refrigerate until needed.