- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-fine granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk in both types of ginger, cinnamon, and ground cloves. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, honey, and ½ cup sugar in bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add egg and vanilla. Add dry mixture to wet mixture and mix until combined. Chill dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop out each portion of dough with a tablespoon. Form into a ball and roll in remaining sugar. Use the bottom of a glass to flatten slightly. Bake for 10–12 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies.
Write Your Own Review