Heidi Badger, Pastry Sous Chef at Cedric’s® Tavern, developed this recipe. “These honey gingersnaps are soft, tender, and nicely spiced, especially if you use freshly grated ginger. The honey flavor is very subtle,” said Heidi. Chef Heidi recommends serving these traditional holiday favorites with lightly sweet wines such as our delightful Biltmore Estate® Riesling.
Serves 12 - 22 people
Preparation Time: 1:30
Cooking Time: 0:15
This Recipe Pairs With:
- ½ cup honey
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground or freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Use fresh-grated ginger for an extra spicy and fresh flavor.
- In a large bowl, cream together honey, butter, and sugar until fluffy. Mix in egg and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift or whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. Stir into wet ingredients until combined.
- Chill dough for about 1 hour or until slightly firm.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Roll dough into one-inch balls and place onto parchment-lined cookie sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges. Allow to cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Write Your Own Review