Lemon-Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
For an updated version of a classic treat, Chef Angie created Lemon-Cranberry Shortbread Cookies with bright hints of citrus and the tart tang of cranberries. “There’s nothing more perfect for the holidays than shortbread cookies like this with fresh flavors to lighten the richness of the recipe,” Chef Angie said. “In addition, they pair perfectly with the hints of tropical fruit in our lightly sweet Biltmore Estate® Limited Release Orange Muscat.
Serves 12 - 22 people
Preparation Time: 1:30
Cooking Time: 0:12
This Recipe Pairs With:
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract (or fresh-squeezed lemon juice)
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugar, butter, and lemon extract until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt and stir until just combined. Add lemon zest and milk; mix well. Gently fold in the dried cranberries. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Work dough by hand into a ball and then roll into a log about 2-3 inches thick. Wrap with parchment or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once dough is chilled and firm, use a sharp knife to carefully slice dough into about 1-centimeter-thick pieces and place onto parchment-lined cookie sheet, spacing about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for approximately 11-12 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges. Allow to cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Write Your Own Review