Mushroom Ravioli in White Wine-Sage Sauce
Unforgettably refreshing and unexpectedly creamy, our Biltmore Estate® Limited Release Sauvignon Blanc is a wine you and your guests will truly enjoy.
Preparation Time: 0:00
Cooking Time: 0:00
This Recipe Pairs With:
- 6 ounces Biltmore Estate® Limited Release Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 package (8–10) mushroom ravioli (fresh or frozen)
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped (reserve half for plating)
- Sea salt and ground white pepper to taste
- White truffle oil
- Pecorino Romano cheese
- Sage sprigs (optional garnish)
- Method: Add olive oil and 3 tablespoons butter to a saucepan over medium heat. Once butter melts, add shallots and cook for about 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add minced garlic and season with sea salt and white pepper to taste. Watch the garlic closely; as it softens, add the wine.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce to medium heat and let simmer for approximately 5 minutes. Add sage and chicken stock. Bring it back to a boil, reduce heat, and allow sauce to simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove sauce from heat and add remaining 3 tablespoons of butter. Stir and cover to keep warm.
- Plating: Prepare ravioli according to directions. Plate portions by placing 4–5 raviolis on each plate. Top each portion with White Wine Sage Sauce and finish with a light drizzle of white truffle oil, fresh sage, and grated Pecorino Romano cheese. Garnish with a sprig of sage if desired. Serves 2.
- Wine: Unforgettably refreshing and unexpectedly creamy, our Biltmore Estate® Limited Release Sauvignon Blanc is a wine you and your guests will truly enjoy. Savor bright notes with hints of toasted coconut and key lime before a buttery, lightly-oaked finish. An entertaining white on its own, it also pairs well with crab, flounder, sushi, oysters, cheese, fresh herbs, and sauces. 2019, American Appellation. Aged for 6–8 months in oak barrels; 13.5% ABV.
Write Your Own Review