Orange Drop Cookies
Speckled with grated orange rind, these simple cookies pair perfectly with our Pas de Deux® Sparkling Moscato!
Serves 1 person
Preparation Time: 0:00
Cooking Time: 0:00
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 each egg
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large navel orange
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Cream together butter and sugar and beat until fluffy. Add the egg and beat well.
- Sift together your dry ingredients and add to the butter mixture alternating with the buttermilk. Beat well after each addition.
- Grate the orange rind and squeeze the juice of the orange. Add to the batter and mix well.
- Drop one teaspoon, about two inches apart from each other, onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10–12 minutes or until the bottoms are light golden brown. Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies.
Write Your Own Review