Sémillon White Wine Mojito
If you are looking for a lower-proof version of any cocktail, simply switch out the spirit for a Biltmore wine. In the case of this white wine mojito, we swapped the traditional rum for Biltmore Estate® Limited Release Sémillon. It makes a perfect “shady afternoon sipper” to enjoy while reading in the hammock (naps are optional). Serves 1.
- 2 ounces Biltmore Estate® Limited Release Sémillon
- 2 ounces Italian lemon soda
- ¾ ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ ounce simple syrup
- 4 mint leaves
- Method: Muddle 4 mint leaves thoroughly in 2 ounces of Biltmore Estate® Limited Release Sémillon using a rough edge muddler. Add lime juice, simple syrup, and shake briefly on ice in a Boston shaker. Double strain into a martini glass and top with Italian lemon soda. Serve straight up with a floating mint leaf as a garnish so ice does not overly dilute the cocktail. (Muddle different types of fruit to bring new flavors to this recipe—we give you a license to be creative!)
- Wine: Recognized for its notably smooth texture and significant palate weight, our Biltmore Estate® Limited Release Sémillon, handcrafted at our estate winery, is a full-bodied, dry white wine. The rich, silky texture complements the fresh melon flavors and zesty citrus aromas. An exciting wine for any occasion, it pairs well with chicken, halibut, pork, turkey, and salads. 2018, American Appellation; 13% ABV. 88 Points / Beverage Testing Institute.