Warm up winter’s chill with a steaming cup of wassail featuring our Wassail Spice Blend mixed with your favorite Biltmore red wine or other beverage. Perfect for the holidays or any time of year.
Preparation Time: 0:00
Cooking Time: 0:00
This Recipe Pairs With:
- 3 ounces of Biltmore red wine (Biltmore Estate® Limited Release Merlot is a perfect choice)
- 2 ounces water
- 2 teaspoons Biltmore® Wassail Spice Blend
- ¾ ounces Hudson bourbon (or your preference)
- ¼ ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 dash walnut bitters
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Diced apples, sliced oranges, whole cloves, star anise (optional)
- Cinnamon stick (optional for stirring)
- Combine wine and water in a pot and heat. Just before the mixture reaches a boil, remove from heat and add Biltmore® Wassail Spice Blend, stirring until dissolved.
- Pour mixture into a coffee mug. Add bourbon, lemon juice, and bitters; use the teaspoon of honey to stir and blend the beverage while infusing the flavors. Add diced apples, sliced oranges, whole cloves, and star anise if you like. You can even let folks stir it with a cinnamon stick. Serves 1.
Write Your Own Review