Spring Riesling & Tonic
Fresh fruit and wine pair beautifully together, and warmer weather is the perfect time to experiment with your favorites and share the delicious results. Whether you’re serving cocktails on the patio, porch, or poolside, outdoor entertaining takes on a new meaning when you invite a special guest like rum. Yum!
- 1 bottle Biltmore Estate® Limited Release Dry Riesling
- 8 ounces white rum
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (reserve some for garnish)
- 2 lemons (sliced into thin wheels and halved)
- Elderflower tonic
- Method: The day before you want to serve it, pour Biltmore Estate® Limited Release Dry Riesling and your choice of white rum into a pretty pitcher. Submerge several basil leaves and blackberries in the solution and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, use your favorite glassware and build each drink with ice, blackberries, basil leaves, and a couple of thinly sliced lemon wheels. Fill glasses a quarter of the way with elderflower tonic, and the rest of the way with the chilled wine and rum mixture. Enjoy! Serves 6.
- Wine: Discover the drier side of Rieslings. Our Biltmore Estate® Limited Release Dry Riesling is quite enchanting, with bright citrus and spice aromas followed by flavors of stone-fruit. However, it is the dryness that makes this Riesling so extraordinary, and different than most types of this varietal you will experience. You can pair our Dry Riesling with rabbit, crab, oysters, and shrimp for delightful dining. 2019, American Appellation; 12.5% ABV.