Vie en Rose
This is a shaken cocktail with Rose Gin, elderflower liqueur, lemon juice, red wine syrup, and a special surprise component—a simple syrup with Biltmore Estate® Syrah for a boost of fruity flavor to compliment the bright citrus and floral sweetness of the other ingredients. This cocktail works beautifully with spicy fare such as fish tacos, or as a compliment to a rich dessert like flourless chocolate torte with raspberry compote.
Serves 1 person
Preparation Time: 0:05
Cooking Time: 0:10
- ½ ounces Biltmore Conservatory Rose Gin
- ¾ ounces elderflower liqueur
- ¾ ounces fresh lemon juice
- ¼ ounce Red Wine Simple Syrup (recipe below)
- Pinch of salt
- Lemon twist
- Red Wine Simple Syrup
- 2 cups Biltmore Estate® Syrah (or Biltmore Estate® Zinfandel or Merlot)
- 2 cups sugar
- Add all ingredients to a shaker with ice; shake vigorously. Pour into a coupe or martini glass. Garnish with a lemon twist.
- Simple Syrup: Mix wine and sugar in a heavy pot and heat slowly. Simmer for 10 minutes. Let cool and store in an airtight container. Refrigerate until needed.
Write Your Own Review